George, Cecilia and I headed toward the mountains today, as a friend who lives out that way had a baby and we delivered some meals. We spent the afternoon in stunning Snoqualmie. And now I can't wait to go back. For George the Northwest Railway Museum was the big draw. He chanted "RAILWAY MUSEUM!" all morning. It was even more exciting when drove around the bend and saw THOMAS! I guess this upcoming weekend is Thomas's yearly visit. He was there a little early but was taking a nap with a mask over his face so no photo hungry friends would wake him up. We did snap a few shots.


Also in preparation for the big weekend (and because I suspect all the volunteers snatch up any chance they can get to run these mammoth machines), they were moving all sorts of railcars around. They blew the whistles every time they crossed other tracks or the little road. The whistle was piercingly loud, hence George with his ears covered. He loved it though (Celia not so much).


Little boy and the big red caboose.

"The Caboose on the Loose"

A Volunteer Engineer

Army Ambulance Car

The Station
After the train station we wound around to Snoqualmie Falls, elegant and powerful.


George was about done having his picture taken though.
No comments:
Post a Comment